To reset your Redmi to its original condition, you can choose either one of the following 2 methods:
i. Factory reset via Settings
- On your Redmi phone, find and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Next, you can decide if you want to remove the downloaded apps and the contents in the external SDcard.
- Once you’re ready, tap Reset phone.
ii. Factory reset using Power and Volume Down buttons
If for some reason you can’t get into the Settings to initiate a factory reset, try the method below:
- Power off your Redmi phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Release all buttons as soon as you see the menu below.
- Using the Volume Down button to scroll the pointer to Recovery Mode and press the Volume Up button to select.
- Once you see the Android lying down with the red hazard box, press the Power button to get the Android system recovery menu.
- Using the Volume Down button to highlight wipe data/factory reset and press the Volume Up button to select.
- Scroll to Yes — delete all user data, then press the Volume up button to select.
- After wiping out the data, you will get back to the Android system recovery main menu. Select Reboot system now.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
(Click here for more Xiaomi Redmi tutorials, tips and tricks.)
my red mi 1s phone factory reset options appear in chinese.. plz help me..i need them in english!
You could be seeing the factory mode which is in chinese. I don’t own a Redmi 1S, so I can’t it myself. You can try press Volume UP + Power instead. If that doesn’t work try search in the MIUI forum for the combination buttons to access the recovery mode.
my redmi touch screen has completely freezing, can i rebooting it using the same method as above.
Well, it might be easier by just “resitting” the battery.
I did factory reset in two ways on my Redmi
1. Go to -> Settings -> Backup & Reset -> Factory Reset -> Erase Download Apps, Erase SD card on => Reset Phone
2. About my Phone,=> Update => Menu => Reboot recovery mode->Wipe cache-> Wipe Data/Factory Rest-> Reboot.
After rebooting all application not removed. Still there. Contacts SD card pic all gone. Why Apps not removed? How to make phone clean?
Some of the pre-installed apps such as Browser, Camera, Gallery, Music, Themes and etc. can’t be removed using the mentioned methods.
Hi, I reset my redmi note using the Volume Down and Power button method. I followed the steps to wipe out all user data, but my phone just cannot seem to reboot after the factory reset. It got stucked on the orange MI logo on the screen when it reboots. Thank you for helping!
Sorry to hear that. You might want to do some research on a similar issue in the official MIUI forum. Most probably you’ll need to manually flash a new ROM (firmware). There should be a guide for doing so in the forum as well. If this is a bit overwhelming to you, send it back to nearest service center for help.
please help my xiaomi 1, how to factory reset in bootloop condition. i have try to Factory reset using Power and Volume Down buttons but not response, i have to try connecting pc with app miflash can’t responding cause the pc failed install device.
what must i do?
Sorry Joesep, I don’t own a Xiaomi 1 and have no idea why your phone behave in such a way. Kindly throw the same question in MIUI forum to get some advice.
My factory reset is in chi
Idk how to read
Simon Liu says
Hi… Please help me to unlock the xiaomi 1s phone.. I bought it for my son and after set his password he forgot it.
Your prompt reply will be much appreciated .
1. If you’ve signed in using your Google and Xiaomi account, you can unlock the screen with either one of these 2 accounts. Read this.
2. If you have turned on Find Device on your phone, you can go to Mi Cloud to set a new PIN. This will override your existing one. Read this.
3. Last but not least, you can factory reset your phone to wipe out all settings and data.
may I know what is happening to the phone if the screen keep flickering and hang whenever the phone start up?
In normal circumstances, it won’t behave like that. I would suggest you go ahead to contact Xiaomi support or send it back to the nearest service center.
harry Tan says
Why my Redmi always showing screen blackout and unable to swipe screen to make a call.
You can try to do a factory reset. If you still have the same problem after reset, I would suggest you send it back for warranty claim.