The Developer Options is hidden by default from the Settings menu.
To enable the hidden Developer Options, please follow the steps below :
- On your Redmi phone, find and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General settings.
- Tap About phone.
- Tap Android version for 7 times.
- Once you reached the 7th times, you’ll see the “You are now a developer” message appears on screen.
- Once turned on, you can tap Developer options on the General Settings screen to access a list of options which deemed to be mainly useful to the developers.
- Lastly, you can do a factory reset to hide the Developer options.
Note: You can also go to Settings > General Settings > Apps >All > Settings and execute clear data to hide the Developer options.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.