To use your own music such as MP3 music for ringtones, notifications and alarms on your Redmi, follow the steps below :
- Connect your Redmi to your PC using the USB cable.
- Use the Windows Explorer and access the phone storage. Here, you should see quite a number of folders being created by default.
- Transfer (or copy and paste) your custom music files to the Music or Ringtones folder. It really doesn’t matter which folder you use. In fact, you can also create a new folder to store these files.
- On your phone, find and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General Settings.
- Tap Sound.
- Tap Phone ringtone. Note: To change message and notification tones, kindly select the option accordingly.
- On the Select tone screen, tap Custom.
- Tap Select track.
- Select a music title, then hit OK.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.