If you lose your Xiaomi phone associated with your Xiaomi account, the Find Device feature in Mi Cloud can help you find, ring, lock and erase it.
Turn on Find Device
In order for Find Device to work, you’ll need to do the following:
- Sign in your Xiaomi account on your phone.
- Make sure there’s an Internet connection using either Wi-Fi or mobile data on your phone.
- Make sure the Find device option is enabled in the Mi Cloud settings on your phone.
Note: If your phone is offline, Find Device won’t be able to control the phone remotely until there’s a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection.
Once the Mi Cloud detects your phone online, you can locate, ring, lock and erase your phone remotely.
i. Find Device
- Go to the Mi Cloud website and login using your Xiaomi ID.
- On the Mi Cloud homepage, make sure your phone appears Online, then click Find Device.
- Next, you should see the phone’s approximate location on Google Maps.
- Optionally, you can click Baidu at the top left corner for Baidu map.
ii. Ring your device remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Alarm button.
- On the Play Alarm prompt, click Play alarm.
- The phone will play the default alarm sound at the highest volume until you manually disable it on the phone.
ii. Lock you device remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Lock button.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to lock your phone, then hit Lock.
- On your phone, enter the 4-digit PIN you have set in Step 2 to unlock the phone. Upon successfully unlocking, the screen lock security will be set to None.
iii. Factory reset your device remotely
- On the Find Device page, click the Wipe button.
- On the Erase data dialog box, click Erase data. When you’re prompted for a confirmation, click Delete. Note: This process will delete all the data from both the phone and external SDcard storages.
Note: If you have your Redmi associated with a Google account, you can also use Android Device Manager to track and remote control the phone.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
(Click here for more Xiaomi Redmi tutorials, tips and tricks.)
pravin jagannath madhavi says
i loss my read mi mobile handset