To open a zipped email attachment on your Redmi, please follow these steps :
You can use the following steps for both the Gmail and Mail apps.
- Download the zipped attachment. For tutorial, I’m using Gmail.
- The downloaded file is save in the Download folder.
- Find and launch the Explorer app.
- Go to Phone storage and tap the Download folder.
- Here, you should see the ZIP file you’ve downloaded. Tap it and you should see the options of either extract it here or extract to a folder or storage you prefer.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.