To connect or “pair” a Bluetooth device and share files on your Redmi phone, follow these steps :
Note: In this tutorial, I’m using the Galaxy S4 as the pairing device for illustration purpose. If you have a different device, you should adjust some of the steps accordingly.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the pairing device, in my case, it’s the Galaxy S4 and set it visible to other devices.
- On your Redmi, go to Settings > Bluetooth and slide the Bluetooth switch to the right. By default, it will start scanning for nearby Bluetooth devices immediately.
- If the pairing device (Galaxy S4) is close by (within 10m), your Redmi should be able to detect and list it in the Available devices section. Now, tap the Galaxy S4 icon to see the same 6-digit passkeys on both the devices.
- Tap OK/Pair on both devices to establish the pairing. A successfully paired device will appear in the Paired devices section on your Redmi.
- Now, you can start sharing any files such as photos, music, videos, contacts, document and etc. For tutorial, I’ll take sharing photo as an example. Open the photo using the Gallery, tap the Send button and then select Bluetooth.
- On the Bluetooth device chooser screen, select the recipient device to start sending the photo over.
Tip : The Send button is available on the Contacts, Music, Explorer, Gallery and etc. apps for your to share files via Bluetooth.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
(Click here for more Xiaomi Redmi tutorials, tips and tricks.)
Hi Ethan……. I can send files from the Xiaomi by bluetooth but I cannot receive files for the simple reason that when a device sends an incoming file to my Xiaomi, a pop up message says “Confirm to accept incoming files’ but there is no button to click to say “Accept” or “Allow” like on other devices, so after a while the transfer fails because the Xiaomi didn’t accept the transfer, and a pop up message says “No file received ”
Any ideas ? I most want to transfer my phone contacts from my blackberry bold 9900 which is a simple bluetooth task as you simply pair the two phones and click “transfer contacts’ on the blackberry.
Thanks – Marek
When my Redmi receives a file via Bluetooth, it does notify me on the Notification panel.
By tapping the notification, I’ll see a prompt to Reject or Accept the file.
It looks fine on my phone. Sorry, I’ve no idea why your phone shows such weird behavior. I’ll think it’s better to check with others in the MIUI forum.
I have got my Rdmi 1s 2 days back. I am also acing the same issue.No popup comes to receive the files.
Did you receive the incoming file request notification ? If not, can you go to the Settings app > Apps > All > Bluetooth > Custom notification to ensure both the Show in notification share and Show in status bar switches are turned on.
go to start page and swap from top to bottom a
new page will appear with bluetooth symbol click on that you will get notification popup with accept and reject button.
Did you mean swapping the Toggle Layout Style ?