Unlike other Android phones, there’s no Daydream options in MIUI V5. So if you want to run screensaver while charging your Redmi phone, you need to turn on the Screensaver option.
- On your phone, find and launch the Settings app.
- Tap Display.
- Tap Screensaver.
- Slide the Screensaver during sleep switch to the right.
- Tap Picture source to choose a photo album from which the photos will be displayed. Tip: Try not to choose an album that contains embarrassing photos.
- As running screensaver will consume additional battery power, therefore, I don’t recommend you to run it at anytime while the screen is off. Instead, run it when you’re charging your phone. So, slide the Only while charging switch to the right.
- Lastly, tap Duration to set the duration you want the screensaver to run.
Note: The steps here were written for MIUI V5, based on Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of MIUI/Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
(Click here for more Xiaomi Redmi tutorials, tips and tricks.)