When you’re watching videos or playing games on your Redmi, chances are you’ll hit the navigation buttons by accident and interrupt whatever you are enjoying.
On your Redmi, you can disable all navigation buttons temporarily to avoid such unpleasant experiences.
Here’s how :
- On your Redmi, pinch your 2 fingers together on any home screen to change to edit mode.
- Tap Toggle, then select Disable. Now, you should see the Disable toggle on your home screen.
- Tap the Disable toggle to disable all navigation buttons.
- To re-enable them, tap both the Power and Home button at the same time.
Alternatively, you can also follow the steps below to have the Disable button listed on the Toggles screen, which is accessible by opening the notification panel.
- On your Redmi, open the notification panel from the top.
- Tap More to see the Manage toggles screen.
- Tap and drag the of Disable button to the active area.
- Now, you should see the Disable button when you open the notification panel > Toggles. Tap it to enable/disable the navigation buttons.
Note: The steps here were written for MIUI V5, based on Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of MIUI/Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.