When receiving an incoming call on your Redmi, you can reject it by sending the caller a text message if you can’t answer it.
i. To reject an incoming call with an SMS.
- When there’s an incoming call, you can tap and drag the lock image up to see a list of pre-defined messages.
- Tap one to send to the caller.
- If you would like to send a new message, select Custom message.
ii. To customize the reject messages.
- On your phone, find and launch the Phone app.
- Tap the Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Call settings.
- Tap Quick responses.
- Tap the message you want to edit.
- Put in a new message, then hit OK.
Note: The steps here were written for MIUI V5, based on Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If you’re having a different model of Redmi or other version of MIUI/Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.