Wondering how to turn off camera shutter sound on your Samsung Galaxy S5 ? Here are a few suggestions you may want to try.
Please note that due to variances of Galaxy S5, not all methods will work for your phone.
1. Turn off shutter sound in the Camera’s settings
Some variants (such as those from T-Mobile and AT&T) of the Galaxy S5 feature a button to toggle the shutter sound on/off in the Camera’s settings.
To find out if your phone has it, follow these steps:
- On your phone, find and launch the Camera app.
- Now, scroll up and down the list of buttons to find the Shutter sound button . If you can’t find it, means your phone doesn’t let you turn off the shutter sound in the Camera’s settings.
Note: This option isn’t available on the International version of Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
2. Put your phone on silent or vibrate
Once you have your Galaxy S5 on silent or vibrate mode, the shutter and auto-focus sounds of your camera will be inaudible.
A quick way to do that is by opening the notification panel from the top, and then toggle between sound, vibrate and mute.
4. Using the Enforced Stream Silencer app
The Enforced Stream Silencer app lets you mute the camera sound without the need to mute the whole phone. Here’s how:
- Download and install the Enforced Stream Silencer app. Note: In order to install apps from places other than the Play Store, you’ll need to enable Unknown Sources from the Security menu in Settings.
- Launch Enforced Stream Silencer and check Disable STREAM_SYSTEM_ENFORCED.
- That’s it. Your camera’s shutter and focus sounds should be off even though the phone isn’t muted.
Note: This method was tested and found to work on the International version of Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
5. Use a 3rd party silent camera app
As a last resort, if the above methods aren’t working for you, consider using one of the following 3rd party camera apps which let you take pictures without the shutter sound.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F). If you’re having a different model of Galaxy S5 or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.