Important Note: (27/03/2015): Here are the tutorials for the official English version of Mi PC Suite (a.k.a. MiPhone Manager)
Updated on 1/9/2014: The new version MiPhone Manager 2.0 has been released. The steps below are not applicable to this version. Kindly follow the steps here to get the English version of MiPhone Manager 2.0.
At the time of writing this, the MiPhone Manager is only available in Chinese, but thanks to member “34959338” from MIUI forum, he has created a workaround for us.
Note: All credits go to “34959338” who did the translation and guided us on the workaround in this thread.
- Download MiPhone Manager from http://zhushou.xiaomi.com/
- Double click the MiSetup exe file, then click Start installation.
- When the installation completes, MiPhone Manager will launch automatically.
- Now, you can see the Chinese version of MiPhone Manager. Close it for now and continue with the steps below.
- Download and extract the zipped file from this link. After extraction, you should get the following 3 modified files: mres.dll, skin.res and uiconfigs. Tip: If you can’t download the file via the given link, you can download it directly from this thread.
- Copy and replace these files in C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\MiPhoneManager\main folder.
- Note 1: AppData folder is a hidden folder in Windows.
- Note 2: If you get a “file in use” error, try terminating all the MiPhoneManager processes on the Task Manager, and do the copy and replace again.
- Note 3: I’ve only tested the following path on a Windows 7 and 8.1 computers.
- Now, you can launch the MiPhone Manager to confirm it’s in English.