Xiaomi account and Mi Cloud account are actually the same account.
If you’ve a Xiaomi account, you can use it to sign in to Mi Cloud, Mi Talk, MIUI Forum, Mi Market and etc.
If you don’t own one, you can follow the steps below to create a Xiaomi account for free, and then use it to access Mi Cloud and other services.
i. To create a Xiaomi account:
- On your desktop browser, go to https://account.xiaomi.com/
- Click Create an account.
- Now, you can decide whether to register your account using your mobile number or email address. For this tutorial, I’ll choose Register using a mobile number as an example.
- On the Create an account page, select Register using a mobile number, enter your mobile number and click Get verification code.
- A 4-digit pin will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Enter the 4-digit pin in the verification code field, key in your password twice, and tap Create an account.
- That’s it. You can now sign in to Xiaomi services using your mobile number as the username and the password you’ve entered in Step 6.
ii. To enter your account details:
After creating your Xiaomi account, you can sign in to https://account.xiaomi.com/ to fill in your account details.
- Sign in to https://account.xiaomi.com/ using your Xiaomi account.
- Here, you can enter your name and most importantly bind your email to this account. By doing so, you can use either your phone number or email address as your username.
iii. To sign in to Mi Cloud:
Having created your Xiaomi account, you can now access the Mi Cloud services using it. Here’s how:
- Go to https://i.mi.com/.
- Enter your username and password, then press Enter.
- Next, you should see the 2-step verification prompt asking you for the verification code. Click Send text messages to send the verification code to your mobile phone. After that, enter the code and click Confirm. Note: If you sign in regularly using the same computer and device, you can select the “This is my personal device, …” option to add the device to your account as a trusted device, and you won’t be asked to enter the verification code every time you log in from that device.
Note: You can get verification codes by SMS, but if you’re worried that the incoming SMSs may incur changes, especially you need to travel abroad quite frequently, you can use the Xiaomi Authenticator app on your mobile device to generate the verification codes. Here’s how to activate a Xiaomi Authenticator.