If you want to create a shortcut to open a video, PDF file or an image directly on your home screen, here’s how :
- On your Xiaomi device, download ES File Explorer from Google Play.
- Launch the ES File Explorer.
- Using the ES File Explorer, find and long tap the file you want to create a shortcut.
- Tap More, then hit Add to desktop.
- That’s it. You’ve just created a shortcut for this particular file on your home screen.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.