If you want to create a shortcut to open a video, PDF file or an image directly on your home screen, here’s how :
- On your Xiaomi device, download ES File Explorer from Google Play.
- Launch the ES File Explorer.
- Using the ES File Explorer, find and long tap the file you want to create a shortcut.
- Tap More, then hit Add to desktop.
- That’s it. You’ve just created a shortcut for this particular file on your home screen.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
Please advise me how to create folders to categories the pictures n videos?
Also pls tell me how minimize the browser n get it again (the way we are doing in pc )
1. You can create folders using the Explorer app.
2. If your phone is connected to a PC/Mac, you can also create folders from your PC/Mac ?
3. Look for the square Tab button on both the preinstalled Browser and Chrome. You need to use that to switch between browser tabs. There isn’t a minimize function on the browsers.
I have installed a couple of apps, but after installing the icons/shortcuts of the apps I’ve installled does not appear in my homescreen. Why? And how do I solve this problem? Help please..
Strange, but could you tell me the apps you’re trying to install ? were you doing it from Google Play ?