The following steps were tested on my Mi 3 running MIUI 5 based on Android 4.4.2
- On your Xiaomi phone, download NiLS from Google Play.
- Launch the NiLS app, and then flip through the Let’s Get Started screens. From these screens, you’ll learn how to enable NiLS to access the notifications (This is necessary) and manage the notifications.
- On the NiLS app, tap to see the sidebar menu expand from the left, giving you the options such as Global Settings, Notifications Panel, Interaction, Widget Settings, App Specific Settings and etc. Here, you can select App Specific Settings to customize the notifications for each app.
- Get back to your home screen, find and launch the Setting app. Then, go to Apps > All > NiLS and slide the Show popup windows switch to the right.
- Now, you should see the new notifications on your lock screen.