Seeking a way to transfer your iPhone messages to Xiaomi phone ? Here’s one method that doesn’t involve paying for a software to do the job.
i. Backup your iPhone using iTunes
- Using iTunes, do a non-encrypted backup of your iPhone to your computer. Hint: Do not select the Encrypt iPhone backup option.
- When the backup completes, follow the path given below to access the Backup folder which contains all the individual backup folders with encoded names. If you see more than one folder, select the latest folder after sorting them in accordance to the Date modified information.
- Windows 8/7/Vista: “C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\”
- Windows XP: “C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\”
- Mac OS X: “~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
- In that particular folder, find the “3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28” file, which is the message database, and copy it to your desktop. Note: You’ll need to convert this file to an XML file in Step ii.
ii. Convert the SMS database to an XML file
- Using your computer’s browser, access http://faked.org/isms2droid/
- Click the Next button to the Choose tab.
- Scroll down to the Option 2: Convert your iPhone SMS database online. Here, you can go ahead to choose the message database, “3d0d7e5fb2ce288813306e4d4636395e047a3d28” and convert it to an XML file.
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the generated XML file to your phone/SD card storage.
iii. Import the messages to your Xiaomi phone
- On your phone, install the SMS Backup & Restore app.
- Launch the SMS Backup & Restore app, and then click Restore.
- Select the XML file and then tap OK.
- Here, you can decide whether to restore all the messages or only the messages sent/received since a certain date.
- When the transfer completes, tap Close.