If you’re looking for a widget that lets you create a shortcut/an icon to a specific email account, you’ll be disappointed. There isn’t one on your Xiaomi phone.
That’s the bad news.
But the good news is that you can use a 3rd party email app such as K-9 Mail, AquaMail or Kaiten that features the email account shortcut widget.
Alternatively, you can make use of the Icon Changer app to make a home screen icon linking directly to an email account.
- On your Xiaomi phone, download the Icon Changer app from Google Play.
- Launch the Icon Changer app, and then go to Shortcut.
- Select an email account. Note: The accounts you see here may vary depending on the number of accounts you’ve configured on your Email app.
- Choose a folder.
- Change the default icon and enter an appropriate title for the shortcut.
- That’s it. You should see the email account shortcut on your home screen.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.