If you’re wondering why you keep getting lock out when you’re making or answering a call on your Xiaomi phone, that’s because you have the Proximity Sensor feature disabled.
Without Proximity Sensor (enabled), your phone will go to sleep and lock itself as per your settings in the following fields.
- Settings app > General settings > Display > Sleep
- Settings app > General settings > Security > Screen security > Automatically lock
Contrarily, with Proximity Sensor, your phone display will turn off as soon as it detects you are talking on the phone near your ear. When you finish, it will automatically turn on the display without locking your screen.
To enable Proximity Sensor, follow these steps:
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Phone app.
- Tap the Menu button > Settings.
- Tap Call Settings.
- Tap Incoming call settings.
- Slide the Proximity sensor switch to the right.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.