As of right now, you can’t seem to share files between Xiaomi devices using Wi-Fi Direct.
While you can establish Wi-Fi Direct connection between them, there isn’t such an option for you to choose when you want to share a file/files.
But, with apps like SuperBeam, it’s still possible to transfer files/folders with blazing fast speed between Xiaomi devices or other Android devices.
Note: I’m using Mi 3 with SuperBeam installed as the sender, and Redmi without SuperBeam installed as the receiver here.
- On the sending device, download SuperBeam from Google Play.
- Launch SuperBeam.
- Tap the appropriate option in the Send section to select the files/folders you want to send. Note: Only the paid version lets you send the entire folder.
- After selecting the files/folders, you’ll get to a screen which shows you the instructions on how connect the receiver with the sender for file transferring. If the receiver has SuperBeam installed, tap Superbeam to read the instructions, else tap Other devices.
- Using a receiver without SuperBeam as an example, you can configure it to connect to the sender with the instructions given in Step 1.
- On the receiver browser, access the URL given in Step 2 to download the files.