Ever wonder how the Prevent Pocket Dials feature works on your Xiaomi phone ? Wonder no more.
When you enable Prevent Pocket Dials, the phone’s proximity sensor recognizes that your phone is in the pocket. When there’s an incoming call, your phone screen will not light up, which prevents you from accepting and rejecting the call by accidental while pulling your phone out of the pocket.
How to enable Prevent Pocket Dials ?
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Phone app.
- Tap the Menu button > Settings > Call settings > Incoming call settings
- Slide the Prevent pocket dials switch to the right.
How to test Prevent Pocket Dials ?
- Enable Prevent Pocket Dials on your phone.
- Make a test call to your Xiaomi phone.
- Cover the sensor by holding your hand over the top of your phone. Now, the phone screen will automatically turn off to prevent accidental answer or reject.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.