Important Note: (27/03/2015): Here are the tutorials for the official English version of Mi PC Suite (a.k.a. MiPhone Manager)
Important Note: The steps below no longer work for the latest version of MiPhone Manager, kindly checkout this thread for latest translation files.
The Chinese version of MiPhone Manager 2.0 has just been released. And, thanks to MIUI forum members “Dj_1706”, “Cooler-X” , “Rauldlnx1” and “34959338”, you can now enjoy it in English too.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and extract the MiPhoneManagerEnglish.zip attachment from this thread.
- After the extraction is complete, you should see the English Patch folder and MiInstaller file.
- Double click the MiInstaller.exe file, then click Start installation.
- When the installation completes, the MiPhone Manager will launch automatically.
- Now, you should get the Chinese version of MiPhone Manager. Close it for now and continue with the steps below.
- Copy mres.dll, skin.res and uniconfigs from the English Patch folder, and then replace those in the C:\Users\USER ID\AppData\Local\MiPhoneManager\main folder.
- Note 1: USER ID = your username
- Note 2: AppData folder is a hidden folder in Windows.
- Note 3: If you get a “file in use” error, try terminating all the MiPhoneManager processes in the Task Manager, and do the copy and replace again.
- Note 4: I’ve only tested the following path on a Windows 7 and 8.1 computers.
- Note 5: Here’s the path for Windows XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\User ID\Local Settings\Application Data\MiPhoneManager\main
- Now, you can launch the MiPhone Manager to confirm it’s in English.