If you can’t seem to download the lyrics of a song automatically on the Music app, you can do so manually. Here’s how:
- When it comes to finding the lyrics file (.lrc format) of the song you want, Google is your best friend. If you have that file on your computer, kindly transfer it over to your Xiaomi phone.
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Music app.
- Play the song you want to add the lyrics.
- On the playback screen, tap the Menu button > Edit song information > Get lyrics:choose local file.
- Find and select the lyrics file.
- Back to the playback screen, you can now flick left to see the lyrics. It should also scroll in time with the song.
- The added lyrics files are saved in MIUI/music/lyric/ folder. If the added lyrics are no longer needed, you can come to this folder to delete them.
- If the scrolling lyrics doesn’t match the progress of the song, you can easily fix it. On the playback screen, tap the Menu button > Edit song information > Adjust lyrics progress.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.