If you can’t seem to download the lyrics of a song automatically on the Music app, you can do so manually. Here’s how:
- When it comes to finding the lyrics file (.lrc format) of the song you want, Google is your best friend. If you have that file on your computer, kindly transfer it over to your Xiaomi phone.
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Music app.
- Play the song you want to add the lyrics.
- On the playback screen, tap the Menu button > Edit song information > Get lyrics:choose local file.
- Find and select the lyrics file.
- Back to the playback screen, you can now flick left to see the lyrics. It should also scroll in time with the song.
- The added lyrics files are saved in MIUI/music/lyric/ folder. If the added lyrics are no longer needed, you can come to this folder to delete them.
- If the scrolling lyrics doesn’t match the progress of the song, you can easily fix it. On the playback screen, tap the Menu button > Edit song information > Adjust lyrics progress.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
Mayur Soni says
And move it to MIUI/Music/lyric/glad you came_the wanted.lrc
Mayur Soni says
Do this:=> get lyrics from mini lyrics or anywhere rename it as trackname_artist.lrc i.e I’ve The Wanted Glad You Came mp3 having tags like trackname= Glad you came artist=The Wanted so it should be renamed as => Glad you came_the wanted.lrc
Hi, I point all my songs to the local lyric files..However, when i turned off the cellular data, the music player indicated that it oculd not find the lyrics and I have to manually set the lyrics for some songs. It does not happen to all the songs. Is this common? I was thinking that since I am using an international rom, the music player would not be searching for lyrics online.
Sorry Darren, I haven’t come across this problem myself. Maybe you can check if there’s anyone having the same problem in the MIUI forum.
Where could I get a “lrc” format?
Does it need a computer? I dont get it…
You can google the song lyrics you want. You can do it on the computer browser or on your phone browser. If you’re doing that on the computer, you’ll be downloading it to the computer, therefore you need to transfer it to the phone.
actually i am copying lryics then paste it into notepad ,
after i saved it with format .lrc transfer it into phone but whenever i
want to synchronize that song with music player . i found lryics file folder is empty .
How do you download the lyrics into the folder/on my phone…..
1. You can download using the browser on your phone directly.
2. If you’ve downloaded them on your PC, you can transfer them to your phone using the USB data cable.