If, for some reason, you can’t transfer files using the USB data connection, you can try doing it via FTP:
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Explorer app.
- Tap the FTP button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Start server. You’ll now see the FTP address that you can enter into the FTP client. Tip: If you wish to be slightly more secure, you can tap Settings to set the client connection username & password.
- On your Windows PC, launch the Windows Explorer, enter the FTP address into the Address Bar, and then press Enter to access the Xiaomi phone storage. Note: Enter the username & password if you need to.
- Now, you can use the copy and paste or drag and drop method to transfer files between your Windows computer and Xiaomi phone.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.