If, for some reason, you can’t transfer files between your Mac and Xiaomi phone using the USB data connection, you can try FTP.
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Explorer app.
- Tap the FTP button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Start server. You’ll now see the FTP address that you can enter into the FTP client. Tip: If you wish to be slightly more secure, you can tap Settings to set the client connection username & password.
- On your Mac, download and install the FileZilla FTP client. Note: You can use other FTP client if you wish to.
- Launch the FileZilla app, enter the IP address and port, then hit Quickconnect. Note: If needed, enter the username and password.
- When it’s connected successfully, you should see a list of folders of your Xiaomi phone on the Remote site (Right). The Local site (Left) shows the folders on your Mac.
- Now, you can navigate to the directory/folder you want to upload or download the files on both the local and remote sites.
- To transfer files, you can drag and drop the files between the local and remote sites.