As far as I know, factory mode is only available on Redmi not Redmi 1S. If you enter this mode by accident, follow the steps in Section ii to exit.
Do not try any options that you’re not familiar with, or you may accidentally erase all the data on your phone.
i. To enter factory mode:
- Power off your Redmi phone.
- Press the Volume up and Power button until you see the Mi logo.
- On the factory mode screen, use the Volume UP and Down button to move the highlight, the Home button to select, and the Back button to go back
- Here’s the translation of the main menu.
- 工厂模式 – Factory mode
- 自动测试 – Automatic test
- 单项测试 – Individual test
- 测试报告 – Test report
- 闲置电流 – Idle current
- S N – Serial number
- 硬件设备信息 – Hardware information
- 关机 – Shutdown
ii. To exit factory mode:
- Select Shutdown.
- Your phone will be powered off. As usual, press the Power button to turn it on.
Note: The steps here were written for MIUI V5, based on Android 4.2.2 on a Redmi (HM1W). If youíre having a different model of Redmi or other version of MIUI/Android, thereís a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.