You can choose a location on your Xiaomi phone where downloads should be saved by default.
i. Changing the default download location on Browser
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Browser app.
- Tap the Menu button > Settings > Advanced > Put downloaded files in
- Choose a folder.
ii. Changing the default download location on Chrome
Chrome doesn’t come with the option that lets you change the default download locations. But, there’s a way to make it work.
- Install ES File Explorer from Google Play.
- Launch ES File Explorer, and tap the Menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Directory settings > Download path
- Select a folder as your default download location.
- On the Chrome browser, you’ll now be prompted to choose a downloader when you initiate a download.
- Select ES Downloader. The file will be downloaded to the location set in Step 5.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
how to save downloaded applications to external sd card in remi 1s
Kindly find the answer in this thread.