If you’re looking to create AutoText on your Samsung Keyboard, you might be disappointed. But what you can configure is the Hot Key feature.
Hot Keys are frequently used texts assigned to number keys. Once assigned, you can long press the numbers to auto-type the texts on a text area.
- To create a hot key:
- On your Galaxy S5, find and launch the Settings app.
- Find and tap Language and input.
- Tap next to Samsung Keyboard.
- Tap My hot keys.
- Enter a frequently used text in the shortcut text box and take note of the number.
- Now, you can long press the number to auto-type the text on any text area.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F). If you’re having a different model of Galaxy S5 or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.