Samsung SideSync 3.0 (SideSync) lets you mirror whatever you’re viewing on your Galaxy Note 3 or other Galaxy devices to your Mac or Windows computer. Here’s how:
- On your Galaxy Note phone, download the SideSync app from the Google Play store.
- Install SideSync for your Mac or Windows computer. You can go to the Samsung SideSync site to download the appropriate software for your computer.
- SideSync works using either the USB or Wi-Fi connection. For this tutorial, I’m taking the Wi-Fi connection as and example. So, before you begin, ensure both of the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your computer, launch the SideSync software and make sure the Connect via switch is slid to the right option. For my case, it will be Wi-Fi. The SideSync will start scanning for available device automatically.
- On your Galaxy S5, open the SideSync app, and then skip through the feature introduction by hitting Next.
- By now, the SideSync software on your computer should detect your Galaxy Note. Simply tap the detected phone to initiate the connection.
- On your Galaxy Note, tap OK on the Allow connection prompt to start the screen mirroring.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 4.4.2 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005). If you’re having a different model of Galaxy Note 3 or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.