Virtual Private Networks (VPN) provide an easy way to extend a private network such as a campus or an office network across the Internet, and letting the authorized users gain access to it at anytime and anywhere in a secure manner.
You can configure your Galaxy S5 to connect to VPN networks. Here’s how:
- In the Galaxy S5’s Settings menu, tap More networks > VPN
- Tap +
- Enter the name for the VPN profile, select the VPN type, enter the server address and the rest of the required information, and then tap Save.
- Tap the newly created VPN profile, enter the username and password, and then tap Connect.
- When the VPN is connected, you can see the Connected status under the VPN profile.
- To disconnect a VPN connection, open the notification panel from the top of the screen, tap the VPN connected notification, and then tap Disconnect.
Note: The steps here were written for Android 5.0(Lollipop) on a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F). If you’re having a different model of Galaxy S5 or other version of Android, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.