Having a backup of your Xiaomi device will ensure you can easily restore the settings, apps and data to your Xiaomi device whenever you need to. It is always advisable to make a backup of your data on the Cloud or a PC.
Here are 2 methods to backup your Xiaomi phone to your computer:
i. Using Mi PC Suite
With Mi PC Suite, you can back up and restore the content on your Xiaomi device quickly and easily to your computer. At the time of writing this, Mi PC Suite only runs on Windows computer.
Read How to back up and restore your Xiaomi device using Mi PC Suite for more detailed information.
ii. Using the Local Backup function
You can use the Local Backup function to backup your system settings, apps and data. The backup files will be stored in the MIUI\backup\AllBackup\[Date_Time] folder on either the phone or SD card storage. You can then copy the [Date_Time] folder to your computer manually.
a. To back up
- From your phone’s Settings, tap Additional settings > Backup & reset > Local backups > Backup.
- Select the items that your want to backup, and then tap Backup.
- MIUI system will create a [Date_Time] folder in the MIUI\backup\AllBackup\ directory to save all the backup files.
- Connect your phone to your computer, and then transfer the [Date_Time] folder to your computer.
Note: The built-in Backup function doesn’t backup photos, music and other downloaded files on your phone storage. You have to manually transfer them to your computer.
b. To restore
- Connect your phone to your computer, and then copy the [Date_Time] backup folder to the MIUI\backup\AllBackup\ directory on either the phone or SD card storage.
- Go to your phone’s Settings, tap Additional settings > Backup & reset > Local backups.
- Here, you should see the backup file that you’ve just copied over from your computer.
- Tap it and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your settings and data.