I have lost my Galaxy Note 10 which I had quite a number of notes written in my Samsung Notes app. Now, I’m wondering how I can access them without my samsung phone. Please advise.
If you’ve another Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet, that would be the easiest, as all you need is just sign in to the device with your Samsung account, and turn on the Samsung Notes sync option to get all your notes on this particular device.
If you don’t have another Samsung Galaxy phone, but do have a PC running Windows, you can go to the Microsoft store and check whether you can install the Samsung Notes app. You probably have no compatible issue if you’re using a Samsung laptop.
If you’re using a non Samsung laptop, you’ll probably get the “Samsung Notes isn’t compatible with your device” error message. But, the good news is that there’s a way to bypass this issue which I’ve learned from the us.community.samsung.com forum. Here’s how:
- On your PC, access the Microsoft store from a web browser and search for Samsung Notes.
- Instead of clicking Get, click the … (next to Get), and Add to cart. Then, complete the entire checkout process. (In case, you’re worried the app is FREE).
- Next, open the Microsoft Store app and search Samsung Notes. Now, you should see the Install button. If it’s clickable, click it to install. Else, you can click … (next to Install) and then followed by Install on my devices.
- You’ll probably be prompted to pick a device you want to install. Pick your PC and click Install now.
- Once it’s installed, you can launch it and sign in your Samsung account from its settings to have your notes synced to the PC.
I’ve tried the steps above and it works on my Lenovo laptop. If anyone has any other methods to access Samsung Notes on other devices, kindly share them in the comments.