Weight: 209g / Height: 165.75mm / Width: 76.68mm / Thickness: 8.8mm
2020 July (India)
4GB RAM + 64GB storage = ₹13,999
6GB RAM + 64GB storage = ₹14,999
6GB RAM + 128GB storage = ₹16,999
green, blue, black
6.67” 20:9 IPS LCD display, FHD+ 2400×1800
Back: 48MP (main, F1.79) + 8MP (ultrawide, 119° FOV, F2.2) + 5MP (macro, 2-10cm focusing distance, F2.4) + 2MP (depth, F2.4)
Zoom: 10x digital zoom
5000mAh, 33W fast charging
Processor: Snapdragon™ 720G / GPU: Adreno™ 618
MIUI 11 for POCO (based Android 10)
USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR blaster, MicroSD card (up to 512GB)
ii. Features highlighted in the launch event
- The new POCO M2 Pro has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor offering a great balance of performance and efficiency, which can handle any utilities and games you throw at it.
- The Adreno 618 (Graphics Processing Unit) comes with the Qualcomm® Hexagon™ Tensor Accelerator that can improve the gaming performance and efficiency.
- While Elite Gaming Optimization in Snapdragon 720G can help to improve the overall gaming experience by enhancing the visual, audio, and performance aspects.
- The phone has up to 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage.
- And, the storage is expandable up to 512GB (using a MicroSD card).
- The M2 Pro packs a 5000mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging, which means it charges to 50 percent in just 30 minutes.
- The Z-axis vibration motor on this phone offers better haptic feedback with 120 kinds of vibrations patterns for different scenarios.
b. Camera system
- The rear camera setup comes with 4 sensors, including a 48MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 5MP macro, and 2MP depth.
- Over the front, there’s a 16MP camera that supports Night Mode which POCO says it’s a feature requested by the community.
- The newly introduced Pro Color mode helps to increase the photo’s dynamic range, boost color, and keep control of noise.
- Other Pro features include Pro Video mode and the ability to shoot in raw.
c. Display and design
- The back comes with a two-tone and symmetrical design.
- The front, back, and even the rear camera module are protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- If that’s not enough, the phone is designed with reinforced corners to make it durable against falls.
- The phone has a huge 6.67-inch with a cinematic 20:9 aspect ratio, which is excellent for gaming and multimedia consumption.
- The M2 Pro is available in three colors: Green and Greener, Out of the Blue, and Two Shades of Black.
- Its buttons and ports are watertight sealed, and as a whole, the phone offers dust & splash resistance.
iii. Q & As
1. What’s the refresh rate of the POCO M2 Pro display?
The display supports the standard 60Hz refresh rate.
2. Does the POCO M2 Pro come with a screen protector?
Yes, it does come with a pre-installed screen protector.
3. How many card slots does the POCO M2 Pro have?
The phone comes with three card slots: two for nano-SIM cards, and one for a MicroSD card.
4. Does the phone have an LED notification light?
Yes. The phone does have a notification light located in the top ear speaker.