I’m using an Android phone. How do I install Amazfaces watch faces on my Mi Band 5?
The Amazfaces app still isn’t compatible with the Mi Band 5 at the time of writing this. So, you’ll have to download the watch faces from https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/, put them in the Android\data\com.xiaomi.hm.health\file folder, and install them to your band manually. Here’s how:
- On the phone connected to your Mi Band, open Mi Fit, go to Profile > Mi Smart Band 5 > Store, pick a watch face, and sync to your watch. Here, I’m using the latest ‘Bamboo Forest Panda’ as an example. By doing so, the Mi Fit app will automatically create the watch_skin_file\59 sub-folder in Android\data\com.xiaomi.hm.health\files that’s needed in the later steps.
- Using the Internet browser, access amazfitwatchfaces.com. From the side menu, select Xiaomi Mi Band 5 and pick a category either Fresh, Updated, or Top.
- Search for the watch face that you like and download it to your phone. The watch face file comes with the .bin extension, and it’ll be saved in the Download folder by default. Here, I’ve downloaded the ‘mt-b5-wf3’ watch face as an example.
- Using the File Manager, go to Internal storage > Android > Data > com.xiaomi.hm.health > Files > Watch_skin_file > 59, and create a new folder. You can name the folder anything you like. I named it ‘MT-B5-WF3,’ which is the name of the watch face.
- Next, move the watch face file from the Download folder to the folder you’ve created in Step 4.
- Now, you’ll need to create an infos.xml that contains the watch face name and description. But, instead of creating one from scratch, you can copy the infos.xml file from the watch face that you’ve installed in step 1 and then change the watch face name. In Internal storage > Android > Data > com.xiaomi.hm.health > Files > Watch_skin_file > 59, open a folder (except the one you’ve created), copy the infos.xml file to the watch face folder that you’ve created.
- Using a text editing app, change the watch face name and save it.
- Lastly, open Mi Fit, go to Profile > Mi Smart Band 5 > Store > Manager > View More, select the downloaded watch face (with no thumbnail), and sync to your band.
- Enjoy your new watch face!
alex kwon says
thank u so much for a easy instruction…. I was so lost to install watch faces ^^