My friend would like to connect to the Wi-Fi network that I’m currently connecting to. We both are using the Galaxy S20 series phones. What should I do in order for him to get the ‘Request password’ option on his phone so that he doesn’t need to key in the Wi-Fi password (which I’ve forgotten) manually?
Here are some requirements for the ‘W-Fi request password’ feature to work.
- Make sure both your phone (already connected to the Wi-Fi network) and your friend’s phone are running the latest One UI 2.5
- On your phone, make sure you’ve done the following:
- Sign in your Samsung account.
- Your friend’s number in your contacts,
- Your mobile number in the Me profile (in the Contacts app) is correct.
- On your friend’s phone, make sure your friend has done the following:
- Sign in his/her Samsung account.
- Your number in his/her contacts
- His/her mobile number in the Me profile (in the Contacts app) is correct.
Once you have the above items ready, your friend can follow the steps below to connect to your Wi-Fi network without entering a password.
- On your phone that’s already connected to the Wi-Fi network, make sure it’s unlocked.
- On your friend’s phone, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi, and tap the Wi-Fi network that he/she wants to connect.
- On the Enter password screen, tap the Request password option.
- When you will see a similar permission request prompt on your phone, and tap Allow.
- Your friend’s phone will receive the password and connect to your Wi-Fi network automatically.