While the POCO X3 comes with MIUI 12 out of the box, it doesn’t have the Super wallpapers feature? Is it possible to get those gorgeous live wallpapers on this phone?
I managed to get all three (Saturn, Earth, and Mars) of the Super wallpapers on my POCO X3 NFC by sideloading the latest WallPaper-ALPHA apk.
But, since the POCO X3 has an LCD display, it’s understood that the phone can’t use the AOD styles that come with the Super wallpapers.
If you’re also interested in getting the Super wallpapers on your POCO, below are the steps that you can try at your own risk.
- Download the latest WallPaper ALPHA apk from apkmirror.com. (Just click this link)
- Using File Manager, look for the downloaded apk file (it should be in the Downloads folder), and then tap it to install.
- When it’s done, open Themes and go to My page > Wallpapers > Super wallpapers.
- Here, you can pick the wallpaper you like and apply it. (For Home & The red planet, you might need to tap on them to download first.)
Note: A minor issue found
I noticed there’s a minor issue with the above approach. Once you have The red planet wallpaper downloaded, you’ll not be able to pick the Faraway rings wallpaper anymore. If you want the Faraway rings wallpaper back, you’ll need to uninstall the red planet wallpaper with the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Manage apps > three-vertical-dot Menu button > Show all apps.
Search and tap SuperWallpaperMars.
- On the App info screen, tap Uninstall.