Let’s say you have quite a number of contacts on your Android phone, you can follow the steps below to move them to Google Contacts.
- Go to your phone Contacts.
- Press the Option key.
- Select Merge with Google. Tap OK if you’re prompted for a confirmation.
- Once done, you will see a message “Contacts merged with [email protected] account”
Something you might want to know…
- Once you’ve performed the steps above (merging contacts with Google), the contacts on your phone will be gone. So it’s good to perform a backup to avoid any unexpected results causing data loss. Here’s the guide to backup phone contacts using Samsung Kies.
- Ensure you’ve Sync Contacts turned on for your signed-in Gmail account. Once merged, the Gmail contacts on your phone need to be updated to (sync with) the web-based Gmail contacts.
- After testing the above steps a few times, I noticed that while I could transfer all contacts to Google effortlessly, the group information didn’t get transferred. All transferred contacts were assigned with the default My Contacts group.