The specifications of the reviewed unit:
Price: ~US $420
Color: Awesome Blue
Display: 6.5-inch Super AMOLED, FHD+, 120hz
Audio: Dual speakers
Processor: Snapdragon 750G
Battery: 4500mAh, 25W fast charging
Back cameras: 64MP main + 12MP ultrawide + 5MP macro + 5MP depth
Front camera: 32MP
Software: One UI 3.1 (Android 11)
Dimensions/weight: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm/189g
i. Design and Display
- The 6.5-inch Super AMOLED display is bright, colorful, and smooth with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- The screen brightness is good. Yes, it’s bright enough to use in direct sunlight.
- It’s rated IP67. So it can survive 30 mins under about 1 meter of water, and it won’t let in any dust.
- It supports storage expansion up to 1TB with a microSD card.
- The moderate weight and curved edges make this phone nice to hold.
- The stereo speakers are loud and clear. When I need to listen to the music privately, there’s a headphone jack at the bottom.
Not so likes
- The display refresh rate is static, with options for 120Hz or 60Hz only. An adaptive system that adjusts the refresh rate based on the content would help save battery.
- The back plastic panel feels flimsy, but the good thing is that it’s anti-fingerprint.
- The in-display fingerprint sensor is slow.
- The phone comes with a screen protector but not a case.
ii. Performance and Battery
- With a mid-range Snapdragon 750G processor and 8GB RAM, the Galaxy A52 5G offers the power to accomplish my daily tasks.
- The 4500mAh battery allows me to get through one and a half days without heavy gaming.
- I can play graphic-intensive games such as Fortnite (this one won’t be entirely smooth) and PUBG with medium graphic settings.
Not so likes
- While the phone is capable of charging at 25W, but it only comes with a 15W charger.
- The charging is too slow. From what I’ve tested, it took about 1hr 45 mins to charge from 0 to 100% with a 15W charger. Using a 25W charger will take a slightly shorter time, 1hr 25mins.
- It doesn’t support Wi-Fi 6.
- The back camera system includes a primary 64MP camera, a 12MP ultra-wide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth sensor. With that, I can take photos in a variety of different scenarios.
- With the right lighting, I can get beautiful and detailed pictures with the main camera.
- The night photos with the main camera aren’t bad too. When you need brighter and sharper shots, there’s always the Night mode that even supports ultrawide.
- The main camera also includes Optical Image Stabilization for smoother videos.
- Shots from the macro camera are acceptable.
- Both front and back cameras support 4K videos at 30fps.
Check out the photo samples below.
Not so likes
- There’s no telephoto camera here.
- Three years of guaranteed software upgrades.
- It supports 5G connectivity that allows you to use the next-gen Internet when the time comes.
2.Unboxing Four Cheap Galaxy A52 5G Cases from AliExpress
Display & design
- Is the Galaxy A52 5G heavy? And does it feel nice in hand?
- Can you see the Galaxy A52 5G screen in bright sunlight?
- How to stop the Galaxy A52 5G screen from turning off automatically?
- Does the Galaxy A52 5G have the smart stay feature?
Home screen & Personalization
- How to change custom fonts on the Galaxy A52 5G?
- How to make a folder completely transparent on the Galaxy A52?
- How to hide the notch on the Galaxy A52 5G?
Performance & Battery
- How long does it take to charge Galaxy A52 5G?
- Does the Galaxy A52 5G support Wi-Fi 6?
- Can you share the Wi-Fi connection on the Galaxy A52 5G?
- Does the Galaxy A52 5G support dual frequency GNSS?
- Is there a maximum power saving mode on the Galaxy A52 5G?
- Does the Galaxy A52 5G have the Wi-Fi power saving option?
Camera and Gallery
- How to install GCam on the Galaxy A52 5G?
- Is there a watermark option in the camera on Galaxy A52 5G?
- Can you shoot in RAW formats on the Galaxy A52 5G?
- Does the Galaxy A52 5G have Night mode in the front camera?
- Can you record 4K videos on the Galaxy A52 5G?