The specifications of the reviewed unit.
Price: ~US $40
Display / Resolution / Brightness: 1.62” AMOLED / 192 x 490 / 500 nits
Battery: 189mAh, ~ 2-hour charging
Bluetooth: 5.2 BLE
Dimensions / weight: 46.5 x 20.7 x 12.25mm / 13.5g
Features: 110+ workout modes, heart rate monitoring, sleep monitoring, blood oxygen monitoring, stress level monitoring, stopwatch & timer, alarms & event reminder, call & app alerts, music control, female menstrual cycle tracking and breathing exercise.
Here are the pros and cons of the Mi Band 7 from a casual user’s perspective.
- At USD 40, it’s a very affordable fitness band.
- The display is bright and colorful. Yes, it’s bright enough to view under direct sunlight.
- Sleep tracking has been accurate so far. You can turn on the “High-accuracy sleep monitoring” function if you need better monitoring.
- It has tracked my runs accurately with the connected phone works as GPS.
- Water resistant to at least 50 meters.
- It charges at a reasonable speed. From my tests, it took around 1hr 20 mins to charge from zero to full.
- It can track many (yes, many) workouts (see the list here), heart rate, sleep, blood oxygen, and stress level. Other useful features include a stopwatch, timer, alarms, event reminders, call and app alerts, and music control.
It works with both Android phones and iPhones.
- I did feel lag using the touchscreen sometimes.
- The world clock has been removed from this model.
- The remote shutter only works if your band is connected to an iPhone.
- The battery isn’t as good as I expected. Without workout tracking and constant heart rate monitoring, the battery lasted 9/10 days. I expect it can last at least 14 days.
- What kind of workouts does the Mi Band 7 track?
- How long does it take to charge the Mi Band 7?
- How big is the Mi Band 7 battery? And, what’s the battery life?
- How many watch faces can you save on Mi Band 7?
- How to change the default weather location of your Mi Band 7?
- Is there a world clock on the Mi Band 7?
- How to set a photo as the background of your Mi Band 7?
- How to access and personalize shortcuts of the Mi Band 7?
- Can I track my runs with only the Mi Band 7?
- Is it possible to track abs exercises on the Mi Band 7?