Are you looking for some uncommon Galaxy A53 5G tips and tricks? Here are 20+ of them.
1. Show time and date on the edge display
Bored of having the AOD clock showing in the center of the Screen? You can have this information shown on the edge of the display. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Lock screen > Always on Display > Clock style and pick the “style” with three dots.
- Select the Edge clock style.
2. Add a floating screen off button
Here’s a trick to create a floating screen off button that allows you to turn off your phone screen.
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu.
- Turn on this feature, and then tap Select Assistant menu items to remove all items except Screen off.
- Here’s your floating Screen off button.
3. Get back the SoftKey Edge
SoftKey Edge is helpful if you want to quickly turn off the screen or capture a screenshot without using the physical buttons. But, it is no longer available in the newest One UI. Fortunately, you can get it back by installing the apk file.
Go to Apk Mirror, search for SoftKey Edge, download it and install it on your phone. It still works.
4. Show weather information on the lock screen
You can have a glance at the current weather conditions on the Lock Screen. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings > Lock screen > Widgets and turn on the Weather option.
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock to see a list of widgets you have enabled, including the weather information.
5. Tap to stop alarms and pick up incoming calls
Bored of swiping? Turn on the Single tap mode so that you can tap to stop the annoying alarms and pick up incoming calls.
While in the Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu, turn on Replace swipe with single tap.
6. Mute your phone temporarily
If you often forget to turn the sound back on after muting your phone for meetings, you should use the temporary silent mode
- Go to Settings > Sound and vibration, and select Mute.
- Turn on Temporary mute and set how long you want to mute your phone.
7. Put your hand over your phone to silence the ringer
This trick is nothing new, but it’s still worth mentioning. You can hover your hand over the screen to silence the ringer without rejecting a call.
To use this feature, you’ll need to turn on the Mute with gestures option in the device’s Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures
8. Add more buttons to the navigation bar
You can add one or two more buttons to the navigation bar to perform specific actions faster. You can do that by using the NavStar module in Good Lock. This module allows you to add buttons, arrange the buttons and customize the look and feel of your navigation bar.
If you’re in a region that doesn’t support Good Lock, install Fine Lock. Here’s the guide.
Here’s an example of what I’ve added to my navigation bar.
9. Show clocks of two different cities
On your phone, you can display clocks of two different cities on the Always on Display (AOD), Lock screen, and Home screen.
- For AOD, you can go to Settings > Lock screen > Always on Display > Clock style and pick the style that supports showing the times of multiple cities.
- On the Home screen, you can add a Dual clock widget.
- On the Lock screen, you can go to Settings > Lock screen and turn on Roaming clock.
10. Show random wallpapers on the lock screen
You can use the Dynamic Lock screen if you want to keep your Lock screen fresh by having random wallpapers. This feature automatically changes your Lock screen’s wallpaper.
- Go to Settings > Lock screen > Wallpaper services, tap Dynamic Lock screen, and then tap Apply.
- If it’s your first time enabling the Dynamic Lock screen, you’ll automatically be taken to the settings where you can select image packs. You can also access the image pack selection by tapping the Settings icon (next to the Dynamic Lock screen).
11. Take a screenshot of a specific area
If you want to capture a specific area of the screen without the hassle of cropping, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you will need to add Smart Select to your Edge panels.
- With Smart Select, you can pick either Rectangle or Oval, adjust its size, tap Done and to capture and save the screenshot in the Gallery app. It’s that easy.
12. Make the Home screens loop
If you want the Home screens to loop back around (from the first or last page to the last or first page) when you keep swiping, you’ll need to turn off the leftmost media page and have the HomeUp module of Good Lock.
- On your phone’s Settings, go to Home screen and turn off Add media page to Home screen.
- Open HomeUp, go to Home screen and turn on Loop pages.
13. Prevent Wi-Fi and mobile data from being turned off
You can stop unauthorized people from turning off the Wi-Fi and mobile data when your phone is locked. Doing so is crucial because, without the Internet connection, you won’t be able to track or locate your lost phone.
- Go to Settings > Lock screen > Secure lock settings and turn on Lock network and security.
- Now, while someone can open the quick settings panel on the Lock screen that’s locked, he/she can’t toggle the Wi-Fi, Mobile data, Airplane mode, etc., on and off.
14. Remove unwanted objects from photos
You can remove photobombers or unwanted objects from your photos quickly and easily.
- In the Gallery app, view the photo you want to edit.
- Tap the pencil Edit button > three-vertical-dot Menu button > Object eraser.
- Now, draw around the object you want to erase, tap Erase and let the magic happen.
15. Create an animated GIF from your photos
You can directly create GIF images from photos in the Gallery app. Here’s how:
- Open Gallery and select the photos you want to include in the GIF. (Note: You can choose a max. of 50 photos. Among them can be GIF images but not videos.)
- Tap More > Create > GIF
16. Combine multiple photos and videos
You can stitch multiple photos and videos on this phone without third-party apps. In creating a collage, you’re allowed to combine a max. of 6 items with not more than four videos.
In the Gallery app, select the photos (or videos) you want to combine and tap More > Create > Collage.
17. Set an alarm for a specific date
One thing I like about the alarm that comes with the pre-installed Clock app is that it allows you to set alarms for a specific date and time. This is useful if you’re using the alarm as a reminder for future appointments.
18. Set your alarm to read time aloud
The alarm function in the pre-installed Clock app can announce the time and label when an alarm goes off.
Yes, it will also announce the time after every snooze interval.
To enable this feature, you can go to Alarm sound > Ringtone and turn on Read time and alarm name aloud when you’re setting the alarm.
You can also pick Bixby alarm in the Alarm sound settings. But as far as I have tested, Bixby doesn’t announce the time again after each snooze interval.
19. Turn on and off alarms from the Home screen
If you wish to turn on & off an alarm without having to open the Clock app, add the 2 x 1 alarm widget to your Home screen. You can tap the Clock button right in the widget’s upper right to toggle it on and off.
20. Open a new tab quickly in the Internet browser
Simply long tap the Tabs button at the bottom of the browser to open a new tab quickly.
21. Switch between tabs quickly in the Internet browser
If you frequently have many tabs opened in the browser, you can use either one of these methods to switch between them quickly.
- Quick left/right swipe the address bar.
- Quick left/right swipe the bottom toolbar.
22. Adjust the text size of messages
In both the Samsung and Google Messages, you can quickly increase or decrease the text size in conversation threads by pinching out and in on the screen using two fingers.
23. Send out a scheduled message
Sending scheduled text messages on your phone lets, you send messages at certain times in the future and is best for those who are forgetful.
Both Google Messages and Samsung Messages support this feature. Check out this guide if you want to learn how to do so.
24. Share your phone’s Wi-Fi connection
When you enable your phone to act as a Wi-Fi hotspot, you can now share its Wi-Fi connection instead of its mobile data connection.
When you turn on the Mobile hotspot feature, ensure the Wi-Fi sharing option is turned on to share your phone’s Wi-Fi connection.
25. Hide the name of the secure folder
You can keep the Secure Folder in plain sight by changing its name or icon. Here’s how:
Open the Secure Folder, tap the three-vertical Menu button > Customize. From here, you can edit the app’s name and icon. When you finish, tap Apply.
26. Use the phone to charge other devices
Your phone supports reverse wired charging. With an OTG connector and USB cable, you can connect your phone to another device, such as an earbud case or a fitness band, to fill it up.