If you have most of your contacts stored on the Galaxy S3 phone itself, you might want to make a backup copy for these contacts.
While there’s an Import/Export optionon the Contacts app, but this option offers saving all the contacts including Phone, SIM and Google account in only VCard format.
To backup (only) contacts that stored on the phone, I found using Samsung Kies to be very easy.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 to the PC using the USB data cable.
- Launch Samsung Kies.
- Now, click the Contacts optionon the left .
- Select Mobile phone tab and then tick the checkbox besides Name. Now, all the contacts in the phone will be selected.
- Click Save to PC.
- When prompted, select Save selected contacts and then click Save.
- Select your preferred format and click Save. For this tutorial, I’ll go ahead with CSV file.